Paris 2024: it's official!
Paris will host the Olympic and Paralympic Games in 2024!
The International Olympic Committee (IOC) confirmed today at its 131st session in Lima that Paris would be the host city for the Olympic Games and Paralympics in 2024, exactly 100 years after it previously organized the Games in Paris!
The City of Light impressed the IOC on several key points: the mostly already existing facilities and infrastructures (93%), the strong support of sportsmen and women, a great track record on the hosting of events (UEFA Euro 2016 for example), outstanding cultural heritage, the importance accorded to creativity and innovation, etc. Paris 2024 #MadeForSharing seeks to make sport something for everyone and create an unprecedented festival of sport.
Paris 2024 will be a unique occasion for people to rediscover the city with major events held at historic sites: fencing at the Grand Palais, beach volleyball on the Champs-de-Mars, and riding at the Château de Versailles. Olympic sites at the four corners of the Paris region promise a fine show! The Olympic and Paralympic Village, in the Greater Paris area, will be located less than 15 minutes north of the centre of Paris.
See below the map of sites that will host the sporting events. Most of these sites will be available for private hire for your events, like the Stade de France, Le Bourget, the Grand Palais, Paris expo Porte de Versailles and the Accorhotel Arena.
Map of the olympic venues (click to enlarge) :
Save the date!
By 2024, Paris will also host the international events like:
- 96th Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe, at Chantilly Racecourse from 30 September to 1 October 2017
The Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe is the flat horse race that attracts the largest number of betters in the world. For the second time, it will take place in the sumptuous setting of Chantilly Racecourse.
- FIAC, Grand Palais, from 19 to 22 October 2017
The 44th edition of the Foire Internationale d’Art Contemporain will showcase a selection of some of the most important galleries on the international art scene, in the magnificent setting of the Grand Palais.
- Mondial du Bâtiment, Paris Nord Villepinte, from 6 to 10 November 2017
The Mondial du Bâtiment forms the most comprehensive offer in the world in terms of solutions, innovation, demonstrations and training in the building industry.
- Paris 2018, 10th edition of the Gay Games from 4 to 12 August 2018
The Gay Games are a sporting and cultural event that is committed to inclusion and respect for diversity. Around 15,000 participants from 70 countries are expected for this 10th edition.
- 28th edition of the ERS International Congress 2018 (European Respiratory Society), Paris Convention Centre, Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, from 15 to 19 September 2018
The world’s largest gathering of respiratory medicine professionals.
- 42nd Ryder Cup in France at the Golf National from 25 to 30 September 2018
24 of the best golfers team up for this hotly-contested competition between Europe and the United States.
- Paris Motor Show, Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, from 4 to 14 October 2018
The world’s leading motor show in terms of visitor attendance will celebrate its 120th anniversary in 2018!
- SIAL, Paris Nord Villepinte, from 21 to 25 October 2018
The ‘Salon international de l’alimentation’ is a professional trade show for the food industry. In 2018, SIAL Paris will be more than ever a source of inspiration for this industry!
- 13th European Women's Handball Championship, from 29 November to 16 December 2018 at the AccorHotels Arena
For the first time, Paris will host a European Handball Championship!
- 8th FIFA Women's World Cup in France, in Paris at the Parc des Princes, from 7 June to 7 July 2019
Paris will host the 8th edition of the women's equivalent of the Football World Cup, held every 4 years.
- ESC (European Society of Cardiology) 2019 – Congress of the European Society of Cardiology, Paris Convention Centre, Paris Expo Porte de Versailles, from 31 August to 4 September 2019
World’s leading congress for cardiovascular medicine attracting more than 30,000 professionals in the medical sector from more than 140 countries
- Bid to stage the Universal Exposition in 2025 (decision to be announced in 2018)
Take also a look at the major exhibitions coming up in Paris!
Our selection of providers
Start planning your trip to Paris for these key events and do not hesitate to contact our selection of PCOs (Progessional Congress Organizer) and DMCs (Destination Management Company) listed below to help you organize your stay or your event!