BIGGEST PARISIAN TRADE SHOWS
Each year, numerous trade shows for professionals and the general public are held in the City of Light. Art, automobile, tourism ... Paris is constantly developing its calendar with a varied programme. See the list of this season’s not-to-miss trade shows below:
1. Maison & Objet – from 7 to 11 September – Paris Nord Villepinte
Maison & Objet is the reference event for professionals in the sectors of house and home, design and interior decoration. It identifies trends in the industry, twice a year, in September and January. This year, a new layout, new shopping experiences and inspiring itineraries are offered to visitors.
2. IFTM Top Resa – from 25 to 28 September – Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
IFTM Top Resa brings together the French and European B2B tourist offer, with programmes dedicated to leisure, business and group tourism. For the 40th anniversary of the show, Indonesia is in the spotlight.
3. Mondial de l’Auto (Paris Motor Show) – from 4 to 14 October – Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
The Paris Motor Show celebrates its 120th anniversary in 2018! Every two years, this iconic international show reveals the latest innovations in the motor industry to more than one million professionals and fans. New this year: An entire hall is dedicated to the Mondial de la Moto (Paris Motorcycle Show)! Do not miss our interview of Jean-Claude Girot, commissioner General of the Paris Motor Show 2018.
4. FIAC – from 18 to 21 October – Grand Palais
The International Contemporary Art Fair or FIAC, the meeting place for gallery collectors, specialists, and art and design enthusiasts, will be held in the magnificent Galeries Nationales of the Grand Palais for its 45th edition. 193 galleries will be present, and other works will be on show in the Petit Palais, at the Musée National Eugène Delacroix, in the Tuileries Gardens, at Place Vendôme and, for the first time, in Place de la Concorde.
5. SIAL - from 21 to 25 October – Paris Nord Villepinte
The ‘Salon International de l’Alimentation’ (SIAL), a biennial trade show for food innovation, attracts the whole global industry to share the solutions of today and tomorrow, as well as growth opportunities and new trends. Starred chef Yannick Alléno is the patron of SIAL Paris 2018!
6. Hors-Série Maison by Foire de Paris – from 26 October to 4 November – Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
The Foire d’Automne has changed its name to ‘Hors-Série Maison by Foire de Paris’. A not-to-miss event for home furnishings and decor with brand and designer objects. A source of inspiration for small and large projects!
7. Paris Photo – from 8 to 11 November – Grand Palais
Paris Photo is the largest international art fair dedicated to photography. It contributes to the development and support of photographic art by promoting the work of gallery owners, publishers and artists. More than 200 exhibitors from around the world provide a panorama of photography.
8. Heavent Paris – from 27 to 29 November – Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
Heavent Paris, the trade show that has all the solutions, services, products and venues for events, presents all the latest innovations, including numeric and scenographic, in the sector.
9. Nautic – from 8 to 16 December - Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
Nautic, the Paris Boat Show, is a showcase for all sectors of the water-sports industry, including tourism, with sailing boats, board sports. A great selection of vessels and equipment for sailing fans.
Discover all the fairs and trade shows to come.
In 2017, Paris welcomed a total of 1,110 congress and 773,090 delegates and moved up to second place in the ranking of the ICCA association (International Congress and Convention Association), attesting to its leading position in the congress sector. The end of the year is also marked by the welcoming of major conferences, in particular:
10. EADV Congress (27th edition) – from 12 to 16 September – Palais des Congrès de Paris
The international Congress of the European Academy of Dermatology and Venereology (EADV), a key event for dermatologists, covers the latest technological advances in the field of dermatology. More than 10,000 participants are expected.
11. ERS Congress (28th edition) – from 15 to 19 September – Paris Expo Porte de Versailles
The annual congress of the European Respiratory Society (ERS) is the largest congress on respiratory medicine in the world. For this new edition, it will focus on the importance of the environment in respiratory health and will welcome some 22,000 participants.
12. ESICM Congress (31st edition) – from 20 to 24 October – Palais des Congrès de Paris
The European Congress on Intensive Care Medicine (ESICM) will gather more than 6,000 doctors, anaesthesiologists and other participants and more than 300 international speakers.
See the list of all the congresses which will be held in Paris.
Below is a quick glimpse of not-to-miss exhibitions, including Picasso Michael Jackson, Miró and Egon Schiele:
13. Picasso, blue and rose, at the Musée d’Orsay from 18 Sept to 6 January 2019
14. Caravaggio's Roman Period - His friends and enemies, at the Musée Jacquemart-André from 21 September 2018 to 28 January 2019
15. Jean-Michel Basquiat (1960-1988) at the Fondation Louis Vuitton from 3 October to 14 January 2019
16. Egon Schiele (1890-1918), at the Fondation Louis Vuitton from 3 October to 14 January 2019
17. Miró, at the Grand Palais from 3 October 2018 to 4 February 2019
18. The Baron Campana and his collection, at the Musée du Louvre from 17 October 2018 to 26 January 2019
19. Le Cubisme, at the Centre Pompidou from 17 October 2018 to 25 February 2019
20. Musicals, at the Philharmonie de Paris from 19 October 2018 to 3 February 2019
21. Eiffel and Paris at the Musée d’Orsay from 20 November 2018 to 24 February 2019
22. Michael Jackson: On the Wall, at the Grand Palais from 23 November 2018 to 14 February 2019
THRILLING SPORTING EVENTS
The end of 2018 is also marked by the hosting of four major sporting events: golf, horse racing, tennis and handball.
23. Ryder Cup – from 25 to 30 September – Golf National de Saint-Quentin-en-Yvelines
The Ryder Cup is the biggest international golf competition. Every two years, 24 of the world’s best golfers compete in two teams: Europe versus the United States. This 42nd edition is a major event of the autumn season!
24. Rolex Paris Masters – from 29 October to 4 November – AccorHotels Arena
After Roland Garros, the Rolex Paris Masters is the most important tennis tournament in France.
The last stage on the road to the Masters for the top 8 players, it enables tennis players still in the running to validate their ticket for the Masters final. The event therefore promises some exciting matches!
25. EHF Euro 2018, 13th European Women’s Handball Championship –14 and 16 December for the finals in Paris - AccorHotel Arena
After a series of intensely disputed matches in 4 cities in France (Brest, Montbéliard, Nancy and Nantes) from 29 November, the 6 best women’s handball teams will compete in Paris for 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th places, in the two semi-finals and the final.
Take a look at all the sporting events to come in the Capital.
AND THERE IS PLENTY MORE …
Paris also offers many other recurring events, which reinvent themselves every year to offer visitors the best experience! Among these, the ‘Fête de la Gastronomie’, which becomes ‘Goût de France’ (‘A taste of France’), from 21 to 23 September (27). This year’s theme ‘the 5 senses’, will be explored through tastings, picnics, workshops and conferences. For fashion, the famous ‘Paris Fashion Week’ (28), takes place from 24 September to 2 October. For culture, the ‘Nuit Blanche’ (29), on the night of 6 to 7 October is the opportunity for visitors to discover the capital under the cover of darkness, and see specially-created installations, exhibitions and concerts. Finally, never does the City of Light live better up to its name than during the Christmas season (30), when beautiful illuminations provide a bewitching sight!