Expertise and 'savoir faire':
VILLETTE MAKERZ has a digital fabrication studio which is open to all and offers professional equipment, expert advice and training sessions for creators.
• Industrial design: 3D modelling, 3D printing, thermoforming, engraving, laser cutting, CNC milling, carpentry, ceramics, silkscreen printing
• Textile design: sewing machine, CNC embroidery machine, overlock sewing machine
• Audiovisual: screening room, audio and video recording, filming studio, motion capture
- Arts décoratifs
- Arts graphiques
- Effets spéciaux
- Manipulations interactives
- Metiers d'art
Epoque des collections
- Contemporain (XXe - XXIe)
The garden walk, or cinematic walk, unfolds like a film as you walk around the park.
Walkers will discover a series of settings, 12 themed gardens marked with walkways and, at night, dotted with lights. You can choose to visit different gardens to suit your mood: there are a range of playgrounds, wooded areas, sound elements, water spaces and meditative areas to choose from.
Created in 2001, the community gardens were inspired by the 'Planetary Garden' exhibition held in the Grande Halle in 1999 by the landscape gardener Gilles Clément, which was designed to raise public awareness about major ecological issues. Located in the former sheep hall, this 3000 m² eco-area houses various ecosystems: a grove, a wilderness area, a pond and dry-stone walls. These ecological gardens for teaching and community projects can be used as resources for workshops raising awareness about biodiversity for adults and children alike. This spirit encourages experimentation with organic farming methods and a more attentive observation of living things.
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Educational activities
- Visitor tools
Documentation in a foreign language
Number of meeting rooms:6
Number of private rooms:6
Voir la carte
Villette Makerz by WoMa
Folie L5 - Parc de la Villette - 211 avenue Jean Jaurès
Tel.. +33 (0) 6 61 64 88 87
Subway - Porte de Pantin
SNCF - Gare du Nord
Tram - Porte de Pantin - Parc de la Villette
Bus - 75, 151, PC 2 et 3
Sustainable development approach
Waste sorting, composting of organic waste, accounting of recycling, hydroponic agriculture, energy indepedant thanks to solar panels, permacultural space design underway (May 2017).
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Visual impairment: transparent glass walls/doors marked with contrasting elements, no obtacles at eye level, stairs with tactile and visual contrast before first step down and with continuous hand rail and contrasting step edges, lift with adapted keypad (buttons in relief and/or braille) and speaker to announce floor numbers, information in large font and at a resonable reading height.