Scheffer lived in the house for nearly thirty years, painted a lot of his works there and received the artistic elite of his time in the workshop and lounge: Chopin, Liszt, Lamartine, Delacroix, Rossini, Thiers and Dickens.
The collection consists of a number of paintings, other pieces of art and furniture which illustrate this brilliant period.
Host your event in the museum's garden, a charming green setting rare for Paris, in the heart of the 'Nouvelle Athènes' area.
Services and facilities of the establishment
- Visitor tools
Visitor toolsAudio guides available in 3 languages (French, English, Spanish): €5 Video guides available in 4 languages (French Sign Language, French, English, Spanish): €5
RestaurantThe tearoom, Rose Bakery, is open in the greenhouse during museum opening hours.
Number of meeting rooms:3
Number of private rooms:3
Voir la carte
Musée de la Vie romantique
Hôtel Scheffer-Renan - 16 rue Chaptal
Tel.. +33 (0) 1 55 31 95 67
Subway - Pigalle
Bus - 30, 68, 74
Offer adapted to disabled visitors
- Adapted activities and visits
- Loan of wheelchairs
- Free admission for disabled visitors on presentation of proof
- Free admission for the accompanying person
- Paved path and courtyard
- Temporary exhibition rooms on the ground floor are accessible
- For areas inaccessible to wheelchair users (numerous steps), a free digital tool is available to explore the site virtually
- Visit guide in braille at the welcome desk
- Tactile visits with commentary on request
- Audioguides in French, English and Spanish (adjustable volume) available for €5, do not include guidance around the museum
- Videoguides with transcripts in French Sign Language for permanent exhibitions
- Tours and workshops about collections and exhibitions in French Sign Language run by deaf tour guides and artists
- Museum staff trained in French Sign Language
- French Sign Language and lip-reading tours available if requested in advance only
- 'Practical information and introduction to the visit' guide in easy-to-read and -understand French available at the welcome desk or to be downloaded on the museum website under 'Your visit/Practical Information'
- Story visits of collections and exhibitions on request